Frequently asked questions
- What is my position within the company?
- Income Plus Services (IPS) is subcontracting your services to the client. You will join IPS as a self-employed consultant. You will not be a director or a shareholding employee of the company.
- What happens if I source work through more than one recruitment company?
- There is no restriction on how many recruitment companies or end clients that engage your services. Just be sure that when you are notifying us of your hours and rates that you are clear which company to invoice.
- Can I raise invoices myself using IPS Limited company details?
- No. Contact us with the details of the hours you have worked. We will then invoice as required and upon receipt of cleared funds, we will arrange for the payment to be made directly into your personal bank account.
- My UK recruitment agency is requesting a copy of a form 288a. What
- A 288a is used to appoint a new director to a company. You are not a director of IPS Limited so simply notify the agency that this isn't relevant to your circumstances.
- What are my responsibilities?
- You should be registered as a Sole trader/self-employed with your tax authority. You will need to familiarize yourself with the tax rules surrounding self-employment in the country in which you are working and comply with them. You are responsible for your own taxation affairs and ensuring that you pay the correct level of personal tax according to your circumstances.
- Can I set my own charge out rate?
- You will negotiate your charge out rate with your client or recruitment company.
- How do I join?
- Call our sales office and request an application pack or alternatively download an online application form.